The Stay Safe on your SUP course
- Who for? Aged 14+
- When? Sunday 19th May or Sunday 23rd June
- Where? Sandbanks Beach
- How long? 2 hours
- How much? £1 per person
- What to bring? Swimwear & a towel – we provide the rest (You’re welcome to bring your own board but we do also supply these if required).
Whether you’re new to paddling or thinking about starting to SUP, this is a chance to learn the essential safety skills to stay safe on the water with your board. It’s ideal for locals who plan to SUP on the Poole and Bournemouth coastline this year.
As well as practical skills whilst out on the water you’ll be taught about the following safety tips provided by the RNLI:
- If you can, always go with a friend.
- If you are going out alone, always tell someone where you’re going and when you’ll be back.
- Bring your phone in a waterproof pouch.
- Check the weather forecast and tide times before you set out.
- Avoid offshore winds.
- You should wear a suitable personal flotation device.
- Wear suitable clothing for the time of year.
- You should always use a paddleboard with a leash.
- If you are launching on a lifeguarded beach, make sure you launch and recover between the black and white chequered flags.
- Get the appropriate level of training.
14 May 2019 by Rosie Tanner