Getting people outside, into the woods and learning about bushcraft is an essential part of the activities and experiences that Land & Wave offers.
Bushcraft is our most popular activity. Every single student that visits us for a school residential spends a day in the woods. Our camp at the weekend is full of stags, hens, families and corporate groups having a great time.
We need a brilliant human being that can manage, improve and innovate our activities and help us train our instructors. We’d like someone to start in this role in September or October 2019.
Why should you apply?
- This is a one of a kind role that will be fun, challenging and rewarding
- You’ll look forward to going to work almost every day
- There’s good scope for progression and development
- You’ll have a huge impact on what we do and how we do it
- You’ll help us create and shape the experiences of at least 5000 people every year
Who we want…
- A positive, gregarious, intelligent person.
- A problem solver
- Someone with fantastic experience leading bushcraft, great personal skills and a brilliant depth and breadth of knowledge
- Someone with at least 5 years of teaching bushcraft to a good mix of clients, especially school children
- Someone with bushcraft qualifications and accreditation
- Someone fantastic at showing off how amazing bushcraft can be through photo, video and social media
- A great teacher, motivator and leader
Who we don’t want…
- Someone that takes themselves very, very seriously
- Someone that struggles to make bushcraft lots of fun
- Someone with a big collection of broad-rimmed leather hats
- Anyone that’s habitually negative
Our Head of Bushcraft is a really important member of the team, a huge part of the job is training, developing and managing a team of brilliant bushcraft instructors.
The most important aspects of the role, alongside training and managing a team, are…
- Maintaining a high standard of bushcraft teaching across all product areas
- Making sure that our bushcraft sites are safe, fit for purpose and as good as they can be
- Regular and structured observations of staff leading bushcraft sessions
- Feedback and development for staff leading bushcraft sessions
- Maintaining and managing our bushcraft equipment
- Checking stock levels of ‘disposable’ bushcraft supplies – we use more than 500 bags of marshmallows each year!
- To always improve and develop what we do
How to apply…
Please email a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
You must use ‘Head of Bushcraft’ as the subject of your email.
Please don’t send CV’s that are longer than two sides of A4.
Please read through our website, blog and social media carefully before you apply – understand what we do, how we do it and what you can add.
09 July 2019 by Owen Senior