Are you scared about working in an office for the rest of your life?
Do you love the outdoors?
Are you wondering what to do with your life pre or post uni?
Thinking of how to make the most of your gap year?
Don’t want to spend 1000’s of pounds jetting around the world?
Then how about this for a plan:
- From now until November 2nd 2015 you can shadow coasteering, bushcraft, kayaking and many more sessions for FREE
- From 2nd November 2015 to 19th February 2016 join the Accelerated Instructor Training you will be trained and assessed in 15 qualifications in coasteering, bushcraft, kayaking, climbing, DofE, Paddle Boarding and first aid (see below for full list)
- March – Relax, go to the hills for more training, work in a pub, see your family etc
- April to Sept/Oct – Start work as a seasonal outdoor instructor for Land & Wave (or a similar company)
- The choice is yours – ski season? Never work in a office. Start Uni. Continue in the outdoor industry.
More about the course
Well, most of the information in on our webpage HERE
HERE is blog with lots of the Facebook albums about the course
The shadowing part is free (once you have signed up to the course)
The 14-week course costs £5,200 – the assessments alone cost £2435 if done individually
Optional accommodation including 3 meals a day costs £1,680 – just £120 a week and you have use of a heated pool, gym and sports pitches!
The kit package which include wetsuits drysuits, climbing gear, buoyancy aids and MUCH more comes to just £850 – at full retail this package would cost well over £1500
The total cost of the course in £7,730 – You can get a Career Development Loan for all of this – just ask us and we can help with your application. The loan is interest free during the duration of the course.
£7,730 is fair investment but is very reasonable when you consider you get (re)trained in a new industry and its only a fraction of the cost of going to university
We do also give out scholarships to outstanding applicants.
You will also be earning a proper wage within months of finishing the course – none of this working for £60 a week business. NB employment is not guaranteed but we employ many course graduates – many of whom you can see HERE and we help others get jobs else where.
Qualifications you get on the course
- RYA Level 2 Powerboat
- Activity First Aid
- BSUPA Level 1 Instructor
- BCU 2* Generic
- BCU 3* Sea
- UKCC/BCU Level 1 Foundation Safety and Rescue
- Single Pitch Award Training
- Basic Expedition Leader (Level 3)
- D of E Expedition Supervisor
- D of E Expedition Assessor
- Coasteering Training
- Coasteering Lifesaving
- Coasteering Assessment
- British Bushcraft Association Level 1
- British Bushcraft Association Level 2
HERE are 51 reasons the Jurassic Coast in Dorset is perfect for your gap year and that there is no need to fly all over the world. We literary train in most of these photos.
Come down and join us for the day (for free!) We will have a chat, show you around the place, take you out on the water and introduce you to lots of staff who have done the course. Just email email@example.com
02 September 2015 by Owen Senior