About Butchers Coppice Scout Camp
Butcher Coppice Scout camp is quite a find and must be up there with one of Bournemouth’s great gems. When approaching by car you would never expect this enchanted adventure theme park in the woods to just appear- especially when its only 15 minutes from Bournemouth! Darren Gilbert runs the camp in his spare time on the weekends and from the looks of it he is helping take the camp from strength to strength.
Best to refer to there website here
All of the facilities can be hired out with their staff or you can staff the sessions yourself if you have the qualifications
- Camping and indoor accomodation
- Air Rifle Shooting
- Climbing (auto belay and traditional)
- Amazing high ropes challenges including: Create stack, Jacobs ladder, Gladiator Challenge, Leap of Faith, High all-board, Giant see-saw
- Power fan – you have to see this for you self- its amazing
- Zip Line
- Lots of team building Activities
…and much more… see here
The Dorset Dare – Summer Holiday Adventures for Youth Groups
Butcher Coppice is only a 45 minute drive from Swanage, which is the hub of summer holiday adventures for The Dorset Dare. Choose from Coasteering Madness, Climbing Challenge, Raft Building Mayhem, Crazy Kayaking and Bushcraft Bonanza. They are all discounted just for Scout and youth groups. We can provide free transport for all groups coming from Butchers Coppice.
Photo Tour of Butchers Coppice
19 January 2014 by TheBox