- You must be aged 17+
- 2 days
- Must have 10+ walks logged
- Build up your log book
- Work with groups
- Put training into practice
- You must be aged 18+
- 2 days
- Must have 20+ walks logged
- Candidate Handbook
Pre-requisites for Training
Before taking part in the training you have to have personally undertaken and logged an absolute minimum of ten varied walks in Lowland terrain where the use of a map is required.
Pre-requisites for Assessment
Before you book onto a Lowland Leader assessment, make sure you have done the following:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must have attended a Lowland Leader training course (or have been granted exemption)
- You must be familiar with the syllabus
- You must have logged a minimum of 20 walks in lowland countryside in different types of terrain (woodland, coastal, farmland etc)
- You must have physically attended and completed (i.e. not online) a first aid course which involved at least two full days or sixteen hours of instruction and included an element of assessment
The Lowland Leader assessment is 2 days long (minimum 16 hours contact time).
Can I book a bespoke course?
If you're a group, school or college of course you can. Send us an email at email@example.com and we see what we can do!
What's after Lowland Leader?
Some people go onto Hill and Moorland Leader or onto their Summer Mountain Leader
What can I do with Lowland Leader?
Work on DofE's expeditions, teaching children to map read and experience there first adventures. Lead walking groups on amazing trips in the UK. and show them how great our countryside is to explore.